Browse related tagsBrowse in:
13 results found
The [[Shell Foundation]] and [[Envirofit]] have featured in the UK newspaper "The Sunday Times". The article explains Envirofit's ambitions to address indoor air pollution using a commercial model, an
An article taken from the REEEP website, focuses on the implementation of a "solar lighting finance scheme in the Solomons, enabling communities to trade crops for much needed access to light."
GreenMicrofinanceT launches online university forum uniting students and practitioners to address climate change by merging microfinance with environmental sustainability.
Jamii Bora's Eco-Village, Kaputei, is up & running but needs investment for its clean energy plant; financing will be arranged by GreenMicrofinance. Ingrid Munro and Elizabeth Israel, 2 grandmothers
In India, solar power projects, often funded by microcredit institutions, are helping the country reduce carbon emissions and achieve its goal to double the contribution of renewable energy....within
Thanks to a partnership between VANWODS (Vanuatu’s premier micro-finance institution), VANREPA (Vanuatu Renewable Energy & Power Association) & Green Power thousands of rural Vanuatu households are
Report: Emerging market, emerging models: Market based solutions to the challenges of global poverty
The report investigates 'Market-based solutions' as a means to help those residing at the base of the global income pyramid. Market-based solutions give low-income people better access to socially ben
Microfinance institutions are going beyond financial products to sell phones, fridges and more. Everyone gains: rural consumers, rural sellers, companies and MFIs.
Shell Foundation has partnered Grameen Koota, a micro-finance institution, for a village level awareness campaign on Indoor Air Pollution (IAP). Together, they address the 3 big 'A's of the challenge
Two UNDP reports are now available to download. The first on Small Scale Finance to the Poor for Modern Energy Services and the second a collaboration with Practical Action on Expanding Energy Access
- Worldwatch Institute: Harnessing the Dominican Republic's sus...
- Practical Action: 50th anniversary event, hosted by The Princ...
- Burn: Kenyan cookstove manufacturer makes one sale every five...
- World Bank: Agreement with Bangledesh to help 1.1 million rur...
- IIED: New paper on delivering sustainable energy access in lo...
- Low Emissions Development Strategies Global Partnership: Ener...
- UNDP: New EnergyPlus Guidelines to support Sustainable Energy...
- The World Bank: New report finds world progressing on sustain...
- Capacity building and experience sharing for enhancing sustai...
- Ashden Awards: 11 June 2015, London, UK
- The Asia Clean Energy Forum: 15-19 June 2015, Manila, Philipp...
- Global LEAP Networking Event: 31 July- 1 August 2015, Dhaka,...
- Power and Energy Africa: 27-29 August 2015, Dar-es-Salaam, Ta...
- Clean Cooking Forum: 10-13 November 2015, Acra, Ghana
- Off-Grid Experts Workshop: 25-26 September 2015, Stadthalle M...
- SEED Africa Symposium 2015: 9-10 September 2015, Nairobi, Kenya