Browse related tagsBrowse in:
55 results found
A campaign designed to tackle harmful kitchen smoke from people cooking in the developing world on open fires and traditional wood-burning stoves has been launched by the Shell Foundation.
The [[ShellFoundation|Shell Foundation]] have initiated a pilot project in Southern India creating awareness among rural women to combat indoor air pollution.
Department of Child and Adolescent Health and Development World Health Organization has conducted a Situation analysis of household energy use and indoor air pollution in Pakistan
Research from the US predicts that if smoking and solid fuel use in homes continues in China they will cause a total of 83 million deaths between 2003 and 2033 and that only large-scale interventions
Almost half of global child deaths due to acute lower respiratory infections (ALRIs) occur in sub-Saharan Africa, where three-quarters of the population cook with solid fuels.
The Shell Foundation along with Envirofit International plans to distribute 10 million stoves over the next five years, focusing first on India, Brazil, Kenya and Uganda - according to an article in t
The reports of this survey will appear internationally in published form in the future. According to the author,Dr. Waseem, Qureshi, this is the largest multi-specialty epidemiological survey conducte
Over the past month, Gorilla Organization (GO),is sponsoring and supporting conservation of nature by indirect methods.
Two publications on indoor air pollution, recently finalized by WHO's Department of Child and Adolescent Health and Development, have now been published
The UMW team, along with two undergraduate researchers from UNITEC University in San Pedro Sula, Honduras, spent a week in January conducting in-depth interviews and assessments of the residents’ re
- UNDP: New EnergyPlus Guidelines to support Sustainable Energy...
- The World Bank: New report finds world progressing on sustain...
- LEDS Working Group: New Energy Toolkit
- GACC: New study finds that women spend 374 hours each year co...
- Practical Action: New campaign will accelerate energy access ...
- WHO: World Health Assembly closes, passing resolutions on air...
- UNEP: Alleviating energy poverty in Haiti
- UNDP: In Nepal, a simple solution brings light to rural commu...
- Capacity building and experience sharing for enhancing sustai...
- Ashden Awards: 11 June 2015, London, UK
- The Asia Clean Energy Forum: 15-19 June 2015, Manila, Philipp...
- Global LEAP Networking Event: 31 July- 1 August 2015, Dhaka,...
- Power and Energy Africa: 27-29 August 2015, Dar-es-Salaam, Ta...
- German African Energy Forum: 4-5 May, 2015, Hamburg, Germany
- African Utility Week and Clean Power Africa: 12-14 May, 2015,...
- Second United Nations Sustainable Energy for All Forum: 18-22...