Browse related tagsBrowse in:
15 results found
The health implications of the pollution are shocking. Levels of premature death, chronic bronchitis, respiratory hospital admissions and cardiovascular diseases are increasing at an extraordinarily r
Losing one's sense of smell isn't as medically worrisome as shortness of breath and aggravated heart conditions. But it's another indication of the diminished quality of life that can come from conges
The World Bank environmental report on the Philippines, highlights the urgency to adopt remedial measures from the government to the household levels.
One of the biggest hurdles for stove manufacturers is producing a stove that is both affordable and well made. Companies know how to make a stove that has very low emissions, is sturdy, relatively eas
It is estimated that 28% of all deaths due to indoor air pollution in developing countries occur in India. This article provides an update on some of the ongoing indoor air quality related projects in
Dr. Maggie Clark of CSU's Dept.of Environmental health's article focuses on the health benefits of the Justa stove in Honduras appearing in the International Journal of Environmental Health Research.
"We haven't experienced any problems with smoke and the smoke from the dung is not harmful, I believe," says a mother in east Delhi slum.It is a common belief among the 800 million-odd Indians who dep
Micronucleus formation, DNA damage and repair in premenopausal women chronically exposed to high level of indoor air pollution from biomass fuel use in rural India.
Khadka a resident of Basamari village of Nawalparasis District, says that she knows it's not healthy with so much smoke inside the kitchen but there is no other option and what alternative do they hav
- Latest news from Boiling Point 64’s sponsors now available
- Second Annual SE4All Forum
- GACC Cookstoves Future Summit (November 2014) report now avai...
- BBC reports on large clean cookstove initiative in Malawi
- Philips to establish Research & Innovation Hub in Africa
- IDB launches new Energy Innovation Centre website and interac...
- Over $600,000 released to improve productivity of Senegalese ...
- Renewable energy powers rural Nepal into the future