Browse related tagsBrowse in:
24 results found
In the coming years, the IEA says it "will have far-reaching and, depending on how governments respond, potentially grave effects on energy security, climate change & energy poverty."
HPS has secured seed capital from the Foundation to scale up operations of their "unique and cost-effective" biomass gasification technology, which converts rice husks into electricity.
LONDON (Reuters) - The proportion of the world's population with access to electricity will rise over the next 20 years but more than a billion people will still be without power in 2030, the Internat
ESD is a peer-reviewed journal encompassing energy issues (technologies, goals, and policies) from around the world, but focusing on developing countries.
India’s Finance Ministry is considering a plan to use part of this year’s INR25bn coal tax receipts to invest in new power transmission lines that will help in distributing electricity from clean
Across the developing world, cheap diesel generators from China and elsewhere have become a favourite way to make electricity. They power everything from irrigation pumps to television sets.
Astonfield Renewable Resources Limited and AREVA Renewable have entered into a strategic partnership to implement 100 MW of biomass power plants across India at an estimated cost of Rs 550 -630 crores
South African power cuts prompt scramble for renewable energy - Solar water heaters to fill the gap?
The scramble to mitigate an electricity crisis is likely to accelerate the diversification of the country's energy mix and its move towards renewable energy sources. A mass roll-out of solar water hea
In this article from the IPS network, Sarah McGregor reports on the role that energy has to play in woman's lives in Tanzania.
- UNDP: New EnergyPlus Guidelines to support Sustainable Energy...
- The World Bank: New report finds world progressing on sustain...
- LEDS Working Group: New Energy Toolkit
- GACC: New study finds that women spend 374 hours each year co...
- Practical Action: New campaign will accelerate energy access ...
- WHO: World Health Assembly closes, passing resolutions on air...
- UNEP: Alleviating energy poverty in Haiti
- UNDP: In Nepal, a simple solution brings light to rural commu...
- Tanzania National Renewable Energy Day 2015
- Vienna Energy Forum 2015, 18-20 June 2015
- Capacity building and experience sharing for enhancing sustai...
- Ashden Awards: 11 June 2015, London, UK
- The Asia Clean Energy Forum: 15-19 June 2015, Manila, Philipp...
- Global LEAP Networking Event: 31 July- 1 August 2015, Dhaka,...
- Power and Energy Africa: 27-29 August 2015, Dar-es-Salaam, Ta...
- German African Energy Forum: 4-5 May, 2015, Hamburg, Germany