Browse related tagsBrowse in:
14 results found
The health implications of the pollution are shocking. Levels of premature death, chronic bronchitis, respiratory hospital admissions and cardiovascular diseases are increasing at an extraordinarily r
Losing one's sense of smell isn't as medically worrisome as shortness of breath and aggravated heart conditions. But it's another indication of the diminished quality of life that can come from conges
In the paper "Estimation of number of deaths associated with exposure to excess ambient PM10 air pollution," an estimation has been made about the mortality rate associated and attributable to excess
Air pollution in Kabul may be hastening the death of over 3,000 people every year. In Hong Kong it has caused more than 6,100 premature deaths.
''Extract taken from IRIN, 3 April 2009:'' DHAKA - Thousands of people in Bangladesh's capital, Dhaka, are dying prematurely because of air pollution, say health experts.
The Better Air Quality 2008 ([http://www.baq2008.org/about BAQ 2008]) workshop was held in Bangkok, Thailand on 12 -14 November 2008.This year’s theme was “Air Quality and Climate Change: scaling
- Tanzania To Use More Natural Gas And Coal To Combat Energy Po...
- IDB launches new Energy Innovation Centre website and interac...
- The Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund announces third round of...
- ICCG Competition: Best Climate Practices for Energy Poverty A...
- New GSI and IISD Report: Power, Gender and Fossil-fuel Subsid...
- First African Waste-to-Ethanol Company recognized by Mentor C...
- 2014 Ashden Award Winners
- Power for All – The Energy Access Imperative
- PV Project Development Africa 2014
- The International “Progress in Biogas PIB III" Conference
- Bioenergy from Forest Conference
- Microgrid Deployment Workshop: Implementing Grid-Tied, Remote...
- Alliance for Rural Electrification 'Energy Access' Seminar
- MENA Clean Energy Forum 2014
- The Adoption Gap: design, development and diffusion of househ...