Browse related tagsBrowse in:
14 results found
The health implications of the pollution are shocking. Levels of premature death, chronic bronchitis, respiratory hospital admissions and cardiovascular diseases are increasing at an extraordinarily r
Losing one's sense of smell isn't as medically worrisome as shortness of breath and aggravated heart conditions. But it's another indication of the diminished quality of life that can come from conges
In the paper "Estimation of number of deaths associated with exposure to excess ambient PM10 air pollution," an estimation has been made about the mortality rate associated and attributable to excess
Air pollution in Kabul may be hastening the death of over 3,000 people every year. In Hong Kong it has caused more than 6,100 premature deaths.
''Extract taken from IRIN, 3 April 2009:'' DHAKA - Thousands of people in Bangladesh's capital, Dhaka, are dying prematurely because of air pollution, say health experts.
The Better Air Quality 2008 ([http://www.baq2008.org/about BAQ 2008]) workshop was held in Bangkok, Thailand on 12 -14 November 2008.This year’s theme was “Air Quality and Climate Change: scaling
- UNDP: New EnergyPlus Guidelines to support Sustainable Energy...
- The World Bank: New report finds world progressing on sustain...
- LEDS Working Group: New Energy Toolkit
- GACC: New study finds that women spend 374 hours each year co...
- Practical Action: New campaign will accelerate energy access ...
- WHO: World Health Assembly closes, passing resolutions on air...
- UNEP: Alleviating energy poverty in Haiti
- UNDP: In Nepal, a simple solution brings light to rural commu...
- Tanzania National Renewable Energy Day 2015
- Vienna Energy Forum 2015, 18-20 June 2015
- Capacity building and experience sharing for enhancing sustai...
- Ashden Awards: 11 June 2015, London, UK
- The Asia Clean Energy Forum: 15-19 June 2015, Manila, Philipp...
- Global LEAP Networking Event: 31 July- 1 August 2015, Dhaka,...
- Power and Energy Africa: 27-29 August 2015, Dar-es-Salaam, Ta...
- German African Energy Forum: 4-5 May, 2015, Hamburg, Germany