Browse related tagsBrowse in:
80 results found
Almost half of global child deaths due to acute lower respiratory infections (ALRIs) occur in sub-Saharan Africa, where three-quarters of the population cook with solid fuels.
Recent geological surveys have provided evidence that Malawi, Mozambique & the United Republic of Tanzania have huge potential for geothermal energy, which could reduce heavy reliance on hydropower an
A new project has been added to the HEDON Knowledge Base. E-MINDSET: Energising the Millennium Development Goals - Setting the Enabling Environment in Southern Africa
This project's challenge was to strengthen the human and institutional capacities in 12 countries in sub-Saharan Africa to mainstream gender in projects, programmes and policies.
The UK is working on two new public-private partnership projects to generate renewable energy in developing countries, removing millions of tonnes of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and powering up
This study takes an in-depth look at the opportunities, barriers, costs, and impacts associated with portfolios of microfinance institutions that have integrated energy lending into their loan product
RWANDA - More than 100 families are making a living on an innovation that just sprung three years ago, thanks to a group of women garbage collectors who discovered a goldmine in what many people conti
"On March 30th and 31st the WLPGA, along with the Nigerian National Petroleum Company held the first ever WLPGA African Summit in Lagos, under the title “Exceptional Energy: LP Gas the fuel for Afri
Working Paper - Market Barriers to Clean Cooking Fuels in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Review of Literature
Nicolai Schlag and Fiona Zuzarte of the SEI assess the full range of modern-fuel alternatives, and discusses the main market barriers - which are economic, social and political - to their uptake.
North-South-South Forum on Biofuels for Development in Africa: the Role of Regional Policies and Public Private Partnerships. 27th May 2008, Jönköping, Sweden
- UNEP: Alleviating energy poverty in Haiti
- UNDP: In Nepal, a simple solution brings light to rural commu...
- Ghana News Agency: Women urged to use Clean Cookstoves
- IRENA: Renewable Energy Prospects: United Arab Emirates
- GVEP:Innovative Cookstove Business for urban informal settlem...
- SE4ALL: Kopernik's Wonder Women in eastern Indonesia
- GACC: Tackling Black Carbon Emissions from Inefficient Cookst...
- GIZ-HERA: New Biomass Energy Sector Planning Guide
- German African Energy Forum: 4-5 May, 2015, Hamburg, Germany
- African Utility Week and Clean Power Africa: 12-14 May, 2015,...
- Second United Nations Sustainable Energy for All Forum: 18-22...
- Carbon Expo: The Global Intersection of Climate Finance, Carb...
- Africa Future Energy Forum: 27-28 May 2015, Nairobi, Kenya