CleanAirSIGBack to SIGs | CleanAirSIG Forum
Cooking, lighting, smoke and pollution. Established in April 2007, CleanAirSIG connects all those engaged in indoor air quality and household energy in developing countries.
For step-by-step instructions on how to participate in the forums, visit our help pages?.
The Breathe Easy Network – India, was launched in October 2003 and was run by Eco Ltd in co-operation with HEDON for the Shell Foundation. The network provided information resources through its website, a regular email essays to the over 200 subscribers, and an open source 'knowledge base' with relevant informative resources including project profiles, personal profiles and organization profiles. This network has been dormant since 2005, and will now be closed and replaced by the HEDON CleanAirSIG.
Through the HEDON Clean Air SIG we will facilitate processes to simplify sharing, validation and distillation of knowledge in the Clean Indoor Air field, providing a common, reliable technology infrastructure to facilitate community building and sharing.!!Aims
CleanAirSIG specifically aims to:
- Connect people and organisations working on household energy and Clean Indoor Air
- Support high quality business, government and NGO networking
- Connect people that know and people wanting to learn, promoting increased and more effective cooperation between stakeholders. Promote the building of innovative partnerships for knowledge creation and programme implementation.
- Provide a framework to increase the profile and effectiveness of existing and future knowledge resources (websites, newsletters, projects, meetings etc.) of the Shell Foundation Breathing Space, the Partnership for Clean Indoor Air, the World Health Organization, Kirk R Smith, the Center for Entrepreneurship in International Health and Development, the excellent Bioenergy Stoves Discussion List and other stakeholders active in Clean Indoor Air.
- CleanAirSIG connects members from around the world through an email discussion list. Members have access to the list archives and other member resources.
- CleanAirSIG will organise regular online conferences and discussions to share knowledge and build capacities.
- CleanAirSIG held an online conference from 16 to 27 July 2007. For more information see the conference webpage here.
- CleanAirSIG: Subsidies
- CleanAirSIG: Conference July 2007
Sign in to see the list of members
- Worldwatch Institute: Harnessing the Dominican Republic's sus...
- Practical Action: 50th anniversary event, hosted by The Princ...
- Burn: Kenyan cookstove manufacturer makes one sale every five...
- World Bank: Agreement with Bangledesh to help 1.1 million rur...
- IIED: New paper on delivering sustainable energy access in lo...
- Low Emissions Development Strategies Global Partnership: Ener...
- UNDP: New EnergyPlus Guidelines to support Sustainable Energy...
- The World Bank: New report finds world progressing on sustain...
- Capacity building and experience sharing for enhancing sustai...
- Ashden Awards: 11 June 2015, London, UK
- The Asia Clean Energy Forum: 15-19 June 2015, Manila, Philipp...
- Global LEAP Networking Event: 31 July- 1 August 2015, Dhaka,...
- Power and Energy Africa: 27-29 August 2015, Dar-es-Salaam, Ta...
- Clean Cooking Forum: 10-13 November 2015, Acra, Ghana
- Off-Grid Experts Workshop: 25-26 September 2015, Stadthalle M...
- SEED Africa Symposium 2015: 9-10 September 2015, Nairobi, Kenya