Issue in Brief
Energy policy trendsOver the last few decades energy policy has undergone numerous transitions in terms of approaches for services delivery, each impacting in different ways. However, the results of the various policy models that have been proposed and tried out, remains debatable, as their capability to deliver desired results, more specifically the increased access to modern energy to the poor in developing countries, remains minimal at best. Indeed, growing populations and decreasing financing has meant that in real terms, access to modern energy has decreased or remained stagnant in certain countries. Issues such as the investment capabilities required to meet policy goals, policy implementation capacity and political will remain a challenge to real changes in the energy sector.
This links explore some of the policy issues in developing countries and expounds on some best practices in the sector.
- Trends and History of Energy Policy
- Current Best Practice in Energy Policy
- Areas of Research in Energy Policy
- Delivering Energy for Development
- UN award presented to Carbon Clear
- Terra Watt Prize
- Pasteurizer Saves Lives in Zambia!
- East African energy access businesses to benefit from advisor...
- Founders of Envirofit International Selected as Energy and th...
- Publication GIZ India
- India Clean Cookstove Forum 2013