***REGISTER BY 26TH MARCH 2010 - SAVE UP TO €300***
"Does Microfinance Repayment Flexibility Affect Entrepreneurial Behaviour and Loan Default?"
This is the title question considered in the IFMR’s latest study on whether the rigidity of microfinance loan repayment structures inhibits investment in microenterprises.
In light of this recent work Justin Oliver, Director of CMF-IFMR Research,will address the issue of product design and flexibility alongside the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance and Freedom from Hunger in his forthcoming session at MicroFinancial Services World.
Financing Micro and Small Enterprises and the role of MSEs in Transition Economies:
David Pallela, CEO, Carbon Manna, looks at providing access to services for entrepreneurs in LDCs and also reveals the various barriers and obstacles that limit the roles of microfinance entrepreneurship and sustainability. Practitioners and investors will question the extent to which MF empowers entrepreneurs in LDCs and investigates whether the processes can be economically and environmentally sustainable.
Taking place between 10-12 May, at the Movenpick Hotel in Amsterdam, the hub of European microfinance activity, MicroFinancial Services World is an industry-led forum whose aim is to tackle the difficult decisions facing microfinance, by providing a detailed program of relevant discussion, in an environment that will give you access to the individuals involved in shaping the future direction of microfinance.
Download the MicroFinancial Services World brochure now.
With the full schedule now confirmed, and the event getting ever closer, there are just 2 days left for you to secure your earlybird discounted pass before the 26th March 2010 deadline.
A result of in-depth research within the microfinance community, Microfinancial Services World 2010 tackles the key issues currently facing your industry:
- MFI Debt Defaults and Restructurings
- More discussion on some of the challenging issues facing microfinance such as over lending, frauds, defaults – Hear debate on this from IAMFI, Minlam Asset Management, Michigan Law School & Morgan Stanley
- Successful Global Innovators in MFIs in 2010
- Hear from the innovators in the field, learn about the success of MFIs across varying geographies and find a pattern in global challenges and breakthroughs from Tameer Microfinance Bank in Pakistan, the Xac Bank in Mongolia and Erste Bank in Hungary
- Social Performance Management Translates into Social Financial Returns
- Why is social performance considered by many to come at the expense of business performance and to be a red flag for investors? Hear the debate between Unitus, AMK Cambodia, Oikocredit and Deutsche Bank
- Post Crisis Role of Development Institutions vis a vis Private Investors
- How are development institutions partnering with the private investors and can the development institutions lead the way and prepare the ground for private investors in seeding new opportunities?
- Dual Return Opportunities for Institutional Investors in Microfinance
- How does microfinance provide appealing risk-return ratios for institutional investors? Can microfinance deliver stable financial returns and low correlations to mainstream capital markets? Hear from one of the largest global pension firms, PGGM, on responsible equity strategies in microfinance.
call: +44 (0)20 3141 8700
email: register at hansonwade.com,
or register online at: www.mfs-world.com
Read full details on the conference including registration and fees information here