1001, Place Jean-Paul Riopelle
Montréal, Québec H2Z 1H2
Tél.: +1 (514) 871-8122
The 21st World Energy Congress is organized by the World Energy Council (WEC), which is headquartered in London. It is a UK registered charity that was founded in 1923, and is accredited by the United Nations (UN). It represents all players in the energy industry and has Member Committees in nearly 100 countries. Its mission is to promote the sustainable supply and use of energy for the greatest benefit of all people.
Montréal, February 25, 2010 - The World Energy Congress - Montreal 2010, which will be held from September 12 to 16, today announced the names of 25 confirmed speakers to be added to the list of 55 unveiled earlier. The top-calibre speakers will help participants get a better sense of energy issues and solutions from a global perspective.
- Leonhard Birnbaum, Executive Board Member, RWE, Germany
- Ricardo Castello Branco, Chief Industrial Officer, Petrobras Biocombustivel, Brazil
- Seethapathy Chander, Deputy Director General, Asian Development Bank
- Peter Corsell, Chief Executive Officer, Gridpoint, United States
- John Dionisio, President and Chief Executive Officer, AECOM, United States
- Daniel Dobbeni, President, ENTSO-E
- Pierre Duhaime, President and Chief Executive Officer, SNC-Lavalin, Canada
- Luis Echavarri, Director General, OECD Nuclear Energy Agency
- Hussein Elhag, Executive Director, African Energy Commission, Africa
- Pierre Gadonneix, President, World Energy Council
- Claude Généreux, President and Chief Executive Officer, McKinsey, Canada
- Hardiv Harris Situmeang, Chair, WEC Indonesian National Member Committee
- Klaus Heimann, Senior Vice President and Head of Service Industries, SAP, Germany
- Torstein Idrebo, Secretary General, International Gas Union
- Yuji Kawaguchi, Managing Director, Honda R&D, Japan
- Christopher J. Kearney, Chairman, President and CEO, SPX, USA
- Hisham Khatib, Minister of Energy, Jordan
- Henrik Madsen, President and Chief Executive Officer, Det Norske Veritas, Norway
- André Merlin, President, International Council on Large Electric Systems
- Alessandro Ortis, President, Authority for Electricity and Gas
- Sun Qin, President, China National Nuclear Corporation, China
- Norkun Sitthiphong, Deputy Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy, Thailand
- Martha Wyrsch, President, Vestas Americas, United States
- Kenji Yamaji, Professor, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Sureyya Yucel Ozden, Board Member, GAMA Endustri, Turkey
More than 3,500 world leaders in the field of energy are expected in Montréal, representing industry, government and international organizations, as well as the media, the academic community and energy sector associations.
here to be redirected to the official online registration web-site. All directions are clearly indicated as you follow through the registration form. Once you have submitted your form, you will receive a confirmation by email, with a personalized link to access and edit your profile online anytime you wish.
Please note that for your registration to be valid, your passport number and expiry date (for all delegates) or driver’s license (for Canadians citizens only) is mandatory, and payment must be processed in full. Registrations will not be confirmed if this information is missing.
For administrative reasons, registration forms received after September 4 will be processed after the organizing committee is installed on site at the Palais des congrès.. After this date, delegates must register on-site during the official registration opening hours. There may be a slight waiting period while identification is verified by the Security team of the Congress.
Head of Public Relations and Media Relations
Tel.: +1 (514) 397-1917
chantal.dufresne at wecmontreal2010.ca
For further information go to: www.wecmontreal2010.ca/en/home.html