The victim, Shenaz Shaikh, lives at Janata Colony located at Gilbert Hill area in Andheri (W). According to her husband, who is a tailor, Shenaz was trying to light the stove when some kerosene that had spilled caught fire. Her clothes caught fire as well. When her husband heard her yelling, he and their neighbours rushed her to Cooper Hospital.

Shenaz has sustained 65 percent burn injuries and doctors have said that her condition is still quite critical.The couple have two children aged five and eleven.

To read more:Woman burnt in Andheri stove mishap - The Times of India