Plot 779, Cadastal Zone, A.O.
Central Business District
Tel: 09 461 9110
Fax: +234 99620744
Email: reizcontinentalhotelabuja at yahoo.com
- To proffer solution to the energy problems in Africa by providing a forum for exchange of ideas by major stake holders.
- To address important aspects of the implementation of Renewable Energy Programmes in Africa.
- Explore emerging policy issues, regulations and implementation frameworks for the development of renewable energy and energy efficiency markets in Africa.
- Public awareness creation among policy makers, investors and the general public on the potentials of renewable energy and energy efficiency in Africa
- State-of-the-art lectures to be delivered by seasoned experts in renewable energy in such areas as:
- Sea Water desalination
- Solar drying (food & cash crops, Fish etc)
- Solar Water Heating
- Photovoltaic application (water pumping, telecommunication, vaccine refrigeration etc)
- Biofuel production & utilization (bioethanol, biogas, biodiesel etc)
- Small hydro power generation
- Energy Efficiency Management & Environment.
- Renewable Energy System Development in Africa.
- Wind & meteorology etc.
- Practical Training on the construction of RE systems devices
- Country Response from invited resource persons and participants.
- Renewable Energy Market in Africa
institutions involved in Renewable Energy, Technologies, Public and Private Agencies.
Professor J.C. Agunwamba
Department of Civil Engineering
University of Nigeria, Nsukka
email: jcagunwamba at yahoo.com
Once accepted, a full length paper should be prepared following the format stipulated below.
Deadline for submission of full length papers is 30th June, 2010.
First Bank Nig. Plc.
Account No: 4012030003308
Account Name: National Centre for Energy Research & Development, University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
Full payment entitles the participant to a workshop bag, course materials, access to workshop computing facilities, tea/coffee breaks and some local transportation. Student registration fee of 15,000 Naira (US$100) applies only to full-time students who must present valid identification. A student participant is entitled to only the course materials.
Read more here
National Centre for Energy Research and Development University of Nigeria,
Prof. O.U. Oparaku
Email: ogbonnaoparaku at yahoo.com
Engr. C.N. Anyanwu
Email: cnasofia at yahoo.com
Dr. W.I. Okonkwo
Email: ifeanyiwilfred at yahoo.com
Mail @: ncerdunn at yahoo.com
OR Visit: www.unn.edu.ng/energycentre