The University of Lucknow, India has started a self-financing programme of M Sc in Renewable Energy from 2007-08 academic session. The programme is geared towards theoretical and practical training for more utilization of Renewable Energy by the Society.
- To provide training of post-graduate level in the field of renewable energy to Science/Engineering/Technology graduates.
- To provide training of post-graduate level in the field of renewable energy to the sponsored Engineers/Technicians from the Government of India, State Governments, Public and Private Sector organizations involved in the manufacturing and promotion of renewable energy systems and the candidates sponsored by NGOs.
- To supplement Government of India and State Governments’ efforts to generate qualified manpower for popularization of renewable energy systems to match up the energy demand and supply.
- To provide training of post-graduate level in the field of renewable energy so that the students after successfully completing the programme may take research work in development of renewable energy systems which are technologically and economically viable.
- To contribute in the field of energy and renewable energy which has national, regional and global importance especially in the State of Uttar Pradesh where there is no University offering post-graduate training in energy/ energy management/ energy technology/ energy studies/ renewable energy.
The online submission facility will also be available from 9.00am 1st June 2009 till 5.00pm on 8th July 2009.
Dr Usha Bajpai
Coordinator, M Sc (Renewable Energy) Programme
Department of Physics, University of Lucknow,
Lucknow 226 007