< Go back | Stoves list | Add Stove
View Stove< Go back | Stoves list | Add Stove
1G Toucan TLUD for Biochar Production
Stove informationModel: Improved
Type of stove: Gasifier
Designer: Hugh McLaughlin, PhD, PE, Alterna Biocarbon Inc
Construction method: The “1G Toucan” is one of the smallest and simplest TLUDs to make. It is made from two tin cans (hence the nickname “Toucan” – the large-beaked tropical bird that is used as the unifying nickname of the author’s TLUD designs). The “1G” designates that the main can is a clean empty one gallon paint can, available new for under $5 at many hardware or paint-supply stores. For a 1G Toucan loaded with wood pellets, the wood pyrolysis (char-making) phase takes between 45 minutes and 90 minutes, depending on the height of the chimney.
DistributionAvailability: Under development
Start date: Fri 01 of Jan., 2010
Contact detailsOrganization email: email@example.com
Address: The head office of Alterna Biocarbon in Prince George, BC, is also the location of the head office of All-Wood Fibre, owned by the same principals as Alterna Biocarbon.
Alterna Biocarbon – Head Office
Phone: 1-250-649-2460 (Country Code 1)
- Kenyan, global clean cooking sectors cite new progress in eff...
- USELF boosts Ukraine's renewable energy sector
- Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves announces nearly $3 mill...
- IIED and Hivos set up 'Change Labs' on food and energy
- First of its kind carbon finance loan fund launched to spur c...
- Cookstove designs are failing the poorest communities
- “Taking the Next Step: Africa and the EU are tackling energy...
- From the Bottom Up : How Small Power Producers and Mini-Grids...