< Go back | Stoves list | Add Stove
View Stove< Go back | Stoves list | Add Stove
1G Toucan TLUD for Biochar Production
Stove informationModel: Improved
Type of stove: Gasifier
Designer: Hugh McLaughlin, PhD, PE, Alterna Biocarbon Inc
Construction method: The “1G Toucan” is one of the smallest and simplest TLUDs to make. It is made from two tin cans (hence the nickname “Toucan” – the large-beaked tropical bird that is used as the unifying nickname of the author’s TLUD designs). The “1G” designates that the main can is a clean empty one gallon paint can, available new for under $5 at many hardware or paint-supply stores. For a 1G Toucan loaded with wood pellets, the wood pyrolysis (char-making) phase takes between 45 minutes and 90 minutes, depending on the height of the chimney.
DistributionAvailability: Under development
Start date: Fri 01 of Jan., 2010
Contact detailsOrganization email: email@example.com
Address: The head office of Alterna Biocarbon in Prince George, BC, is also the location of the head office of All-Wood Fibre, owned by the same principals as Alterna Biocarbon.
Alterna Biocarbon – Head Office
Phone: 1-250-649-2460 (Country Code 1)
- Tanzania To Use More Natural Gas And Coal To Combat Energy Po...
- IDB launches new Energy Innovation Centre website and interac...
- The Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund announces third round of...
- ICCG Competition: Best Climate Practices for Energy Poverty A...
- New GSI and IISD Report: Power, Gender and Fossil-fuel Subsid...
- First African Waste-to-Ethanol Company recognized by Mentor C...
- 2014 Ashden Award Winners
- Power for All – The Energy Access Imperative
- PV Project Development Africa 2014
- The International “Progress in Biogas PIB III" Conference
- Bioenergy from Forest Conference
- Microgrid Deployment Workshop: Implementing Grid-Tied, Remote...
- Alliance for Rural Electrification 'Energy Access' Seminar
- MENA Clean Energy Forum 2014
- The Adoption Gap: design, development and diffusion of househ...