< Go back | Stoves list | Add Stove
View Stove< Go back | Stoves list | Add Stove
TLUD Gasifier Stove
Stove informationModel: Improved
Type of stove: Produces biochar
Fuel: Agri residue
Designer: The present design used by Servals has been given by Dr. Paul S Anderson of US, with initial financial support for the Chennai project by the Rotary Club of Bloomington-Normal Sunset (Rotary District 6490 - East Central Illinois).
Construction method: The key focus is to design an integrated cooking energy solution for the wood stove market that addresses the “front-end” and the “back-end”.
While the TLUD gasifier technology is not new, Servals’ TLUD Stove’s claim is that it represents a higher order of fuel efficiency, user friendliness, safety and newer user application.It is recognized as a “carbon neutral” initiative; In fact would be "carbon negative" when the charcoal is dumped back into the soil.
Has the potential to create a series of economic activities around fuel collection and distribution.Read More...
Has a line-up of innovations in the pipeline. Read more
DistributionAvailability: Commercially available
Start date: Mon 22 of Nov., 2010
PerformanceEmission testing method and who did it: A certificate for the D Gasifier Stoves received from MSME Testing Center of the Government of India, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. CO/CO2 ratio is less than 0.04 in the combustion gases leaving the stove - which means a clean combustion and emission within limits.
Contact detailsOrganization email: email@example.com
Address: Servals Automations Pvt Ltd
Balaji Nagar 1st Street,
CHENNAI – 600 097
PHONE : 64577181 – 64577182
FAX : 044 - 45540339
E-MAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
ConclusionNotes: TLUD stands for Top Lit Up Draft. This is different from most of the ordinary cook stoves which are Bottom Lit Up Draft. There is a lot of interest in TLUD technology around the world since this saves around 75 % fuel material compared to a traditional 3 stone fire wood stove.
- Worldwatch Institute: Harnessing the Dominican Republic's sus...
- Practical Action: 50th anniversary event, hosted by The Princ...
- Burn: Kenyan cookstove manufacturer makes one sale every five...
- World Bank: Agreement with Bangledesh to help 1.1 million rur...
- IIED: New paper on delivering sustainable energy access in lo...
- Low Emissions Development Strategies Global Partnership: Ener...
- UNDP: New EnergyPlus Guidelines to support Sustainable Energy...
- The World Bank: New report finds world progressing on sustain...
- Capacity building and experience sharing for enhancing sustai...
- Ashden Awards: 11 June 2015, London, UK
- The Asia Clean Energy Forum: 15-19 June 2015, Manila, Philipp...
- Global LEAP Networking Event: 31 July- 1 August 2015, Dhaka,...
- Power and Energy Africa: 27-29 August 2015, Dar-es-Salaam, Ta...
- Clean Cooking Forum: 10-13 November 2015, Acra, Ghana
- Off-Grid Experts Workshop: 25-26 September 2015, Stadthalle M...
- SEED Africa Symposium 2015: 9-10 September 2015, Nairobi, Kenya