View Project< Go back | Projects list | Add project
Energy for poverty alleviation in Sahel - IE4SAHEL [read more]
The project IE4Sahel is a research and cooperation project dealing with energy and poverty reduction in the Sahel. The target Countries are the nine members of CILSS - Comité Permanent Inter Etats de lutte contre la Sécheresse dans le Sahel (Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Chad, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal, The Gambia).
The goal of the project is to contribute to poverty alleviation through the development and dissemination of appropriate and sustainable energy policies at the national and regional level. One key objective is the reinforcement of a well- rooted local reference center Aghrymeth Regional Center - Niger to deal with energy policies and their relation with poverty reduction strategies.
Organization: European Commission
Location, continent: Africa
Location, country: Burkina Faso
Location: specifics Sahel
Contact detailsProject contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ARC – AGRHYMET Regional Centre
P.O.Box 11011 - Niamey – Niger
Fax: + 227 73 29 78
FundingMain funding organization: European Commission
PartnersEnergy for Sustainable Development Africa
Click here to read more
< Go back | Projects list | Add project
- UNDP: In Nepal, a simple solution brings light to rural commu...
- Ghana News Agency: Women urged to use Clean Cookstoves
- IRENA: Renewable Energy Prospects: United Arab Emirates
- GVEP:Innovative Cookstove Business for urban informal settlem...
- SE4ALL: Kopernik's Wonder Women in eastern Indonesia
- GACC: Tackling Black Carbon Emissions from Inefficient Cookst...
- CAFOD: One Climate, One World campaign
- Climate Solutions Consulting: One stop for all your cookstove...
- Tanzania National Renewable Energy Day 2015
- Vienna Energy Forum 2015, 18-20 June 2015
- German African Energy Forum: 4-5 May, 2015, Hamburg, Germany
- African Utility Week and Clean Power Africa: 12-14 May, 2015,...
- Second United Nations Sustainable Energy for All Forum: 18-22...
- Carbon Expo: The Global Intersection of Climate Finance, Carb...
- Africa Future Energy Forum: 27-28 May 2015, Nairobi, Kenya