View Project< Go back | Projects list | Add project
Energy for poverty alleviation in Sahel - IE4SAHEL [read more]
The project IE4Sahel is a research and cooperation project dealing with energy and poverty reduction in the Sahel. The target Countries are the nine members of CILSS - Comité Permanent Inter Etats de lutte contre la Sécheresse dans le Sahel (Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Chad, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal, The Gambia).
The goal of the project is to contribute to poverty alleviation through the development and dissemination of appropriate and sustainable energy policies at the national and regional level. One key objective is the reinforcement of a well- rooted local reference center Aghrymeth Regional Center - Niger to deal with energy policies and their relation with poverty reduction strategies.
Organization: European Commission
Location, continent: Africa
Location, country: Burkina Faso
Location: specifics Sahel
Contact detailsProject contact email: email@example.com
ARC – AGRHYMET Regional Centre
P.O.Box 11011 - Niamey – Niger
Fax: + 227 73 29 78
FundingMain funding organization: European Commission
PartnersEnergy for Sustainable Development Africa
Click here to read more
< Go back | Projects list | Add project
- UNDP: New EnergyPlus Guidelines to support Sustainable Energy...
- The World Bank: New report finds world progressing on sustain...
- LEDS Working Group: New Energy Toolkit
- GACC: New study finds that women spend 374 hours each year co...
- Practical Action: New campaign will accelerate energy access ...
- WHO: World Health Assembly closes, passing resolutions on air...
- UNEP: Alleviating energy poverty in Haiti
- UNDP: In Nepal, a simple solution brings light to rural commu...
- Capacity building and experience sharing for enhancing sustai...
- Ashden Awards: 11 June 2015, London, UK
- The Asia Clean Energy Forum: 15-19 June 2015, Manila, Philipp...
- Global LEAP Networking Event: 31 July- 1 August 2015, Dhaka,...
- Power and Energy Africa: 27-29 August 2015, Dar-es-Salaam, Ta...
- German African Energy Forum: 4-5 May, 2015, Hamburg, Germany
- African Utility Week and Clean Power Africa: 12-14 May, 2015,...
- Second United Nations Sustainable Energy for All Forum: 18-22...