View Project< Go back | Projects list | Add project
Energy for poverty alleviation in Sahel - IE4SAHEL [read more]
The project IE4Sahel is a research and cooperation project dealing with energy and poverty reduction in the Sahel. The target Countries are the nine members of CILSS - Comité Permanent Inter Etats de lutte contre la Sécheresse dans le Sahel (Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Chad, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal, The Gambia).
The goal of the project is to contribute to poverty alleviation through the development and dissemination of appropriate and sustainable energy policies at the national and regional level. One key objective is the reinforcement of a well- rooted local reference center Aghrymeth Regional Center - Niger to deal with energy policies and their relation with poverty reduction strategies.
Organization: European Commission
Location, continent: Africa
Location, country: Burkina Faso
Location: specifics Sahel
Contact detailsProject contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ARC – AGRHYMET Regional Centre
P.O.Box 11011 - Niamey – Niger
Fax: + 227 73 29 78
FundingMain funding organization: European Commission
PartnersEnergy for Sustainable Development Africa
Click here to read more
< Go back | Projects list | Add project
- CEEW: New report on 'Clean, Affordable and Sustainable Cookin...
- Queen Mary, University of London: Cheap Solar Cells made from...
- SciDev.Net: Solar Powered Water ATMS in India
- IRENA and ADFD: New Project Loans for Renewable Energy in Rur...
- World Bank: Regional Solar Market Initiative launched at Powe...
- GosolarAfrica: $2million capital to install stand-alone roof ...
- GVEP: Jiko Smart Improved Cookstoves
- Knowledge Point: Energy Knowledge Partnership
- GACC and ENERGIA NGO CSW Parallel Event: 9 March 2015, New Yo...
- GACC, ENERGIA and ICRW Access to Energy as a Key Driver of Ge...
- ANSI Standards and the Global Supply Chain Dialogue: 12 March...
- ARE International Invest'€lec Salon: 10-13 March 2015, Yaound...
- Powering East Africa: 25-27 March 2015, Nairobi, Kenya
- Tanzania National Renewable Energy Day 2015