View Project< Go back | Projects list | Add project
Energy for poverty alleviation in Sahel - IE4SAHEL [read more]
The project IE4Sahel is a research and cooperation project dealing with energy and poverty reduction in the Sahel. The target Countries are the nine members of CILSS - Comité Permanent Inter Etats de lutte contre la Sécheresse dans le Sahel (Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Chad, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal, The Gambia).
The goal of the project is to contribute to poverty alleviation through the development and dissemination of appropriate and sustainable energy policies at the national and regional level. One key objective is the reinforcement of a well- rooted local reference center Aghrymeth Regional Center - Niger to deal with energy policies and their relation with poverty reduction strategies.
Organization: European Commission
Location, continent: Africa
Location, country: Burkina Faso
Location: specifics Sahel
Contact detailsProject contact email: email@example.com
ARC – AGRHYMET Regional Centre
P.O.Box 11011 - Niamey – Niger
Fax: + 227 73 29 78
FundingMain funding organization: European Commission
PartnersEnergy for Sustainable Development Africa
Click here to read more
< Go back | Projects list | Add project
- Biomass Waste-to-Energy Toolkit for Development Practitioners
- Nigerian NGO, SMEFUNDS Reducing Indoor Air Pollution Through ...
- IIED publishes a new energy finance paper, "Sharing the load:...
- ICCG Competition: Best Climate Practices for Energy Poverty A...
- New GSI and IISD Report: Power, Gender and Fossil-fuel Subsid...
- First African Waste-to-Ethanol Company recognized by Mentor C...
- 2014 Ashden Award Winners
- Power for All – The Energy Access Imperative