Organization profile< Go back | Organizations list | Add organization
GEOECOLOGY ENERGY ORGANISATION (GEO) [read more]
GEOECOLOGY ENERGY ORGANISATION GEO is an initiative to mitigate climate change through adaptation. GEO is presently intensively working on GOOD STOVES, RURAL ENERGY, LIVELIHOODS, TERRA PRETA, SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE, WATER RESOURCES, DISASTER MITIGATION AND ADAPTATION themes. It has designed about 14 types of stoves which are low cost and simple in design and based on the scientific principles, and declared them as CREATIVE COMMONS for common good.
The mission of GEO is to facilitate 1 million good stoves, in partnership with community, support organizations and donors. Presently it is working with a network of partner organizations to work with about 100 thousand families on Good Stoves for facilitation and dissemination in parts of Andhra Pradesh State and Karnataka States. The work done till now on designing different types of stoves was self funded. GEO had been part of dissemination of about 300 Good Stoves; the list of adopters is published here
It is also helping communities in different parts of the world through sharing technology, knowledge and experience on good stoves; more than 1000 people are accessing GEO web links every day. GEO is a member of PCIA.
Type: Social business
Contact detailsMain reference person: Sai Bhaskar Reddy Nakka
Geoecology Energy Organisation GEO
3-7-108, Indiranagar, Ramanthapur, Hyderabad – 500013,
Andhra Pradesh, India.
Click here to read more
< Go back | Organizations list | Add organization
Last edited by Nelson Ko
Page last modified on Thursday 08 of September, 2011 16:34:01 GMT. @HEDON: XJAP
- Tanzania To Use More Natural Gas And Coal To Combat Energy Po...
- IDB launches new Energy Innovation Centre website and interac...
- The Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund announces third round of...
- ICCG Competition: Best Climate Practices for Energy Poverty A...
- New GSI and IISD Report: Power, Gender and Fossil-fuel Subsid...
- First African Waste-to-Ethanol Company recognized by Mentor C...
- 2014 Ashden Award Winners
- Power for All – The Energy Access Imperative
- PV Project Development Africa 2014
- The International “Progress in Biogas PIB III" Conference
- Bioenergy from Forest Conference
- Microgrid Deployment Workshop: Implementing Grid-Tied, Remote...
- Alliance for Rural Electrification 'Energy Access' Seminar
- The Adoption Gap: design, development and diffusion of househ...