Organization profile< Go back | Organizations list | Add organization
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is the leading body for the assessment of climate change, established by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) to provide the world with a clear scientific view on the current state of climate change and its potential environmental and socio-economic consequences.
The IPCC is a scientific body. It reviews and assesses the most recent scientific, technical and socio-economic information produced worldwide relevant to the understanding of climate change. It does not conduct any research nor does it monitor climate related data or parameters. Thousands of scientists from all over the world contribute to the work of the IPCC on a voluntary basis. Review is an essential part of the IPCC process, to ensure an objective and complete assessment of current information. Differing viewpoints existing within the scientific community are reflected in the IPCC reports.
The IPCC is an intergovernmental body, and it is open to all member countries of UN and WMO.
Contact detailsNo contact detail available
Tags: ClimateChange UnitedNations CarbonDioxide
< Go back | Organizations list | Add organization
Last edited by Nelson Ko
Page last modified on Thursday 08 of September, 2011 16:34:01 GMT. @HEDON: DGXN
- CEEW: New report on 'Clean, Affordable and Sustainable Cookin...
- Queen Mary, University of London: Cheap Solar Cells made from...
- SciDev.Net: Solar Powered Water ATMS in India
- IRENA and ADFD: New Project Loans for Renewable Energy in Rur...
- World Bank: Regional Solar Market Initiative launched at Powe...
- GosolarAfrica: $2million capital to install stand-alone roof ...
- GVEP: Jiko Smart Improved Cookstoves
- Knowledge Point: Energy Knowledge Partnership
- International ARE Energy Access Workshop: 5 March 2015, Madri...
- GACC and ENERGIA NGO CSW Parallel Event: 9 March 2015, New Yo...
- GACC, ENERGIA and ICRW Access to Energy as a Key Driver of Ge...
- ANSI Standards and the Global Supply Chain Dialogue: 12 March...
- ARE International Invest'€lec Salon: 10-13 March 2015, Yaound...
- Powering East Africa: 25-27 March 2015, Nairobi, Kenya
- Tanzania National Renewable Energy Day 2015