Organization profile< Go back | Organizations list | Add organization
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on 14 December 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. The agency is mandated to lead and co-ordinate international action to protect refugees and find durable solutions for the problems of refugees.
The organization’s primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees. It strives to ensure that everyone can exercise the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge in another State, with the option to return home voluntarily, integrate locally or to resettle in a third country.
Contact detailsNo contact detail available
< Go back | Organizations list | Add organization
Last edited by Nelson Ko
Page last modified on Thursday 08 of September, 2011 16:34:01 GMT. @HEDON: JFXN
- Kenyan, global clean cooking sectors cite new progress in eff...
- USELF boosts Ukraine's renewable energy sector
- Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves announces nearly $3 mill...
- IIED and Hivos set up 'Change Labs' on food and energy
- First of its kind carbon finance loan fund launched to spur c...
- Cookstove designs are failing the poorest communities
- “Taking the Next Step: Africa and the EU are tackling energy...
- From the Bottom Up : How Small Power Producers and Mini-Grids...