Organization profile< Go back | Organizations list | Add organization
ADB (Asian Development Bank)
The Asian Development Bank aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty. Approximately 1.8 billion people in the region are poor and unable to access essential goods, services, assets and opportunities to which every human is entitled.
Established in 1966, we are a major source of development financing for the Asia and Pacific region. With more than $17.5 billion in approved financing, and 2,800 employees from 59 countries, ADB - in partnership with member governments, independent specialists and other financial institutions - is focused on delivering projects that create economic and development impact.
Whether it be through investment in infrastructure, health care services, financial and public administration systems, or helping nations prepare for the impact of climate change or better manage their natural resources, ADB is committed to helping developing member countries evolve into thriving, modern economies that are well integrated with each other and the world.
The main devices for assistance are loans, grants, policy dialogue, technical assistance and equity investments.
We are at the forefront of development thinking and practice, spreading information through regional forums, a growing online presence and the publication of specialized papers, serials and books.
Economists, sociologists, engineers, gender experts and environmental scientists are amongst the hundreds of professions at the bank working together to reduce poverty, and ensure growth across the Asia and Pacific region is sustainable and inclusive.
Sector: International development
< Go back | Organizations list | Add organization
Last edited by Nelson Ko
Page last modified on Thursday 08 of September, 2011 16:34:01 GMT. @HEDON: JRCP
- Worldwatch Institute: Harnessing the Dominican Republic's sus...
- Practical Action: 50th anniversary event, hosted by The Princ...
- Burn: Kenyan cookstove manufacturer makes one sale every five...
- World Bank: Agreement with Bangledesh to help 1.1 million rur...
- IIED: New paper on delivering sustainable energy access in lo...
- Low Emissions Development Strategies Global Partnership: Ener...
- UNEP: Alleviating energy poverty in Haiti
- UNDP: In Nepal, a simple solution brings light to rural commu...
- Clean Cooking Forum: 10-13 November 2015, Acra, Ghana
- Off-Grid Experts Workshop: 25-26 September 2015, Stadthalle M...
- SEED Africa Symposium 2015: 9-10 September 2015, Nairobi, Kenya
- International Conference on Energy Efficiency in Domestic App...
- India Off-Grid Energy Summit: 19-20 August 2015, New Delhi, I...
- Myanmar Green Energy Summit 2015: 17-18 August 2015, Yangon, ...
- German African Energy Forum: 4-5 May, 2015, Hamburg, Germany
- African Utility Week and Clean Power Africa: 12-14 May, 2015,...