The Upesi project, supported by Intermediate Technology Development Group (ITDG), was initiated in 1995 to improve the living and working conditions of women in rural households by enabling a significant and increasing number of women and their families to benefit from fuelsaving wood burning stoves.
Click here to read more
< Go back | Issue 56 | Boiling Point Main Page | Issues Archive | Articles Archive | Submit a paper
- Kenyan, global clean cooking sectors cite new progress in eff...
- USELF boosts Ukraine's renewable energy sector
- Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves announces nearly $3 mill...
- IIED and Hivos set up 'Change Labs' on food and energy
- First of its kind carbon finance loan fund launched to spur c...
- Cookstove designs are failing the poorest communities
- “Taking the Next Step: Africa and the EU are tackling energy...
- India Announces Improved Cook Stove Program