India is the first and most prolific developer of improved stoves for the third world. Many new designs have been produced and used in different parts of the country and bodies such as NPIC, DNES, CORT, TERI etc. have tried to monitor their efficiency and spread information about them. India is facilitating technology transfer by certification and encouraging standardization so far as local circumstances permit. African countries and other parts of Asia may be able to learn from this...
Click here to read more
Tags: ImporvedStoves India BoilingPoint26
< Go back | Issue 26 | Boiling Point Main Page | Issues Archive | Articles Archive | Submit a paper
- CAFOD: One Climate, One World campaign
- Climate Solutions Consulting: One stop for all your cookstove...
- GIZ-HERA: New Biomass Energy Sector Planning Guide
- Carbon Pulse: Launch of a new online service
- Green Growth Initiative: Solar to power thousands of off-grid...
- GVEP: Women bring solar energy to rural Rwanda
- ABB: New partnership with Pact Myanmar to solar power rural v...
- Philips: Solar-powered LED luminaires can brighten the homes ...