Early work in Nepal has shown that deforestation in the hill areas, even in the most densely populated parts, is more likely to occur from low agricultural productivity than from pressure of fuelwood demand. Because of poor agricultural methods, more land is needed to provide food for the family and so more forest is cleared...
Click here to read more
Tags: BoilingPoint27 Nepal FuelCollection Nutrition
< Go back | Issue 27 | Boiling Point Main Page | Issues Archive | Articles Archive | Submit a paper
- Delivering Energy for Development
- UN award presented to Carbon Clear
- Terra Watt Prize
- Pasteurizer Saves Lives in Zambia!
- East African energy access businesses to benefit from advisor...
- Founders of Envirofit International Selected as Energy and th...
- Publication GIZ India
- India Clean Cookstove Forum 2013