A bed connected with a cooking stove is called Kang-Lianzao and can help keep people warm when they are sleeping or resting on the bed by using the surplus heat' from the stove. It is used in northern areas of China where the temperature is lower than that in other areas in winter. It is not only the main kind of house facility for sleeping in northern, rural areas but also the cooking appliance of daily use...
Click here to read more
Tags: BedStove BoilingPoint29 ImprovedStove
< Go back | Issue 29 | Boiling Point Main Page | Issues Archive | Articles Archive | Submit a paper
- CAFOD: One Climate, One World campaign
- Climate Solutions Consulting: One stop for all your cookstove...
- GIZ-HERA: New Biomass Energy Sector Planning Guide
- Carbon Pulse: Launch of a new online service
- Green Growth Initiative: Solar to power thousands of off-grid...
- GVEP: Women bring solar energy to rural Rwanda
- ABB: New partnership with Pact Myanmar to solar power rural v...
- Philips: Solar-powered LED luminaires can brighten the homes ...