by Summary of Report of the African Energy Experts Meeting, Nairobi, Kenya, 18th May 1992
Journal section: Theme Articles
Not yet available in Pdf format
Summary of Report of the African Energy Experts Meeting, Nairobi, Kenya, 18th May 1992 Biomass dominates the energy sector in Sub-Saharan Africa. For many African countries, it accounts for 50% to 90% of their total national energy supply. Although biomass can be an environmentally-sound source of energy for the region, current practices of biomass production, transformation and end-uses are unsustainable and have adverse effects on Africa's environment...
Click here to read more
Tags: EnergyStrategy Sub-SaharanAfrica BoilingPoint29
< Go back | Issue 29 | Boiling Point Main Page | Issues Archive | Articles Archive | Submit a paper
- Delivering Energy for Development
- UN award presented to Carbon Clear
- Terra Watt Prize
- Pasteurizer Saves Lives in Zambia!
- East African energy access businesses to benefit from advisor...
- Founders of Envirofit International Selected as Energy and th...
- Publication GIZ India
- India Clean Cookstove Forum 2013