by Summary of Report of the African Energy Experts Meeting, Nairobi, Kenya, 18th May 1992
Journal section: Theme Articles
Not yet available in Pdf format
Summary of Report of the African Energy Experts Meeting, Nairobi, Kenya, 18th May 1992 Biomass dominates the energy sector in Sub-Saharan Africa. For many African countries, it accounts for 50% to 90% of their total national energy supply. Although biomass can be an environmentally-sound source of energy for the region, current practices of biomass production, transformation and end-uses are unsustainable and have adverse effects on Africa's environment...
Click here to read more
Tags: EnergyStrategy Sub-SaharanAfrica BoilingPoint29
< Go back | Issue 29 | Boiling Point Main Page | Issues Archive | Articles Archive | Submit a paper
- German African Energy Forum: 4-5 May, 2015, Hamburg, Germany
- African Utility Week and Clean Power Africa: 12-14 May, 2015,...
- Second United Nations Sustainable Energy for All Forum: 18-22...
- Carbon Expo: The Global Intersection of Climate Finance, Carb...
- Africa Future Energy Forum: 27-28 May 2015, Nairobi, Kenya