Much of the earth's heat energy comes from the sun. In only one minute, more heat and light reach the earth from the sun than man can produce in a year. In spite of this energy being free, mankind has not made much use of it for his own purposes and most of the energy consumed in the Third World countries still comes from wood...
Click here to read more
Tags: SolarCooking Kenya BoilingPOint36 Sun
< Go back | Issue 36 | Boiling Point Main Page | Issues Archive | Articles Archive | Submit a paper
- Kenyan, global clean cooking sectors cite new progress in eff...
- USELF boosts Ukraine's renewable energy sector
- Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves announces nearly $3 mill...
- IIED and Hivos set up 'Change Labs' on food and energy
- First of its kind carbon finance loan fund launched to spur c...
- Cookstove designs are failing the poorest communities
- “Taking the Next Step: Africa and the EU are tackling energy...
- From the Bottom Up : How Small Power Producers and Mini-Grids...