Much of the earth's heat energy comes from the sun. In only one minute, more heat and light reach the earth from the sun than man can produce in a year. In spite of this energy being free, mankind has not made much use of it for his own purposes and most of the energy consumed in the Third World countries still comes from wood...
Click here to read more
Tags: SolarCooking Kenya BoilingPOint36 Sun
< Go back | Issue 36 | Boiling Point Main Page | Issues Archive | Articles Archive | Submit a paper
- Biomass Waste-to-Energy Toolkit for Development Practitioners
- Nigerian NGO, SMEFUNDS Reducing Indoor Air Pollution Through ...
- IIED publishes a new energy finance paper, "Sharing the load:...
- ICCG Competition: Best Climate Practices for Energy Poverty A...
- New GSI and IISD Report: Power, Gender and Fossil-fuel Subsid...
- First African Waste-to-Ethanol Company recognized by Mentor C...
- 2014 Ashden Award Winners
- Power for All – The Energy Access Imperative