When people talk about 'household energy', most people automatically think of stoves. A lot of attention has been paid to improving stoves to make them more energy efficient and to reduce their pollution. This is one side of the 'stoves' approach, whilst others look at the 'supply' side of the problem by, for example, setting up woodlots. However, without wanting to take away from the very important work of trying to find solutions to meet this basic need, one should be asking 'Is this all there is to household energy?...
Click here to read more
Tags: women rural AgriculturalResidues BoilingPoint41
Gender Agri residue
< Go back | Issue 41 | Boiling Point Main Page | Issues Archive | Articles Archive | Submit a paper
- Delivering Energy for Development
- UN award presented to Carbon Clear
- Terra Watt Prize
- Pasteurizer Saves Lives in Zambia!
- East African energy access businesses to benefit from advisor...
- Founders of Envirofit International Selected as Energy and th...
- Publication GIZ India
- India Clean Cookstove Forum 2013