Delivery Models for Decentralised Rural Electrification: Case studies in Nepal, Peru and Kenya – Executive Summary
by Annabel Yadoo
Journal section: CaseStudies
Not yet available in Pdf format
This report is the third in IIED’s new ‘access to energy’ publication series. The series was launched in 2011 as a way of supporting research and making available lessons learned about access to energy. The series will include in-depth studies of specific access to energy projects, programmes and business models; analytical literature studies about particular aspects of energy delivery; and in-depth country studies looking more broadly at the energy sector and aspects of policy that support or hamper access to modern energy services, especially for poor and remote communities. The aim is to explore how current initiatives are working, how they depend on their social, cultural and political context, and how successful models can be scaled up, replicated or adapted to suit other contexts. We try to combine publication of these case studies with a discussion event or press conference.
Click here to read more
Tags: Rural Electrification Delivery Models Renewable Energy Nepal Peru Kenya
Asia Nepal Uganda Argentina
< Go back | Issue 60 | Boiling Point Main Page | Issues Archive | Articles Archive | Submit a paper
- CEEW: New report on 'Clean, Affordable and Sustainable Cookin...
- Queen Mary, University of London: Cheap Solar Cells made from...
- SciDev.Net: Solar Powered Water ATMS in India
- IRENA and ADFD: New Project Loans for Renewable Energy in Rur...
- World Bank: Regional Solar Market Initiative launched at Powe...
- GosolarAfrica: $2million capital to install stand-alone roof ...
- GVEP: Jiko Smart Improved Cookstoves
- Knowledge Point: Energy Knowledge Partnership
- International ARE Energy Access Workshop: 5 March 2015, Madri...
- GACC and ENERGIA NGO CSW Parallel Event: 9 March 2015, New Yo...
- GACC, ENERGIA and ICRW Access to Energy as a Key Driver of Ge...
- ANSI Standards and the Global Supply Chain Dialogue: 12 March...
- ARE International Invest'€lec Salon: 10-13 March 2015, Yaound...
- Powering East Africa: 25-27 March 2015, Nairobi, Kenya
- Tanzania National Renewable Energy Day 2015