Delivery Models for Decentralised Rural Electrification: Case studies in Nepal, Peru and Kenya – Executive Summary
by Annabel Yadoo
Journal section: CaseStudies
Not yet available in Pdf format
This report is the third in IIED’s new ‘access to energy’ publication series. The series was launched in 2011 as a way of supporting research and making available lessons learned about access to energy. The series will include in-depth studies of specific access to energy projects, programmes and business models; analytical literature studies about particular aspects of energy delivery; and in-depth country studies looking more broadly at the energy sector and aspects of policy that support or hamper access to modern energy services, especially for poor and remote communities. The aim is to explore how current initiatives are working, how they depend on their social, cultural and political context, and how successful models can be scaled up, replicated or adapted to suit other contexts. We try to combine publication of these case studies with a discussion event or press conference.
Click here to read more
Tags: Rural Electrification Delivery Models Renewable Energy Nepal Peru Kenya
Asia Nepal Uganda Argentina
< Go back | Issue 60 | Boiling Point Main Page | Issues Archive | Articles Archive | Submit a paper
- UNDP: New EnergyPlus Guidelines to support Sustainable Energy...
- The World Bank: New report finds world progressing on sustain...
- LEDS Working Group: New Energy Toolkit
- GACC: New study finds that women spend 374 hours each year co...
- Practical Action: New campaign will accelerate energy access ...
- WHO: World Health Assembly closes, passing resolutions on air...
- UNEP: Alleviating energy poverty in Haiti
- UNDP: In Nepal, a simple solution brings light to rural commu...
- Tanzania National Renewable Energy Day 2015
- Vienna Energy Forum 2015, 18-20 June 2015
- Capacity building and experience sharing for enhancing sustai...
- Ashden Awards: 11 June 2015, London, UK
- The Asia Clean Energy Forum: 15-19 June 2015, Manila, Philipp...
- Global LEAP Networking Event: 31 July- 1 August 2015, Dhaka,...
- Power and Energy Africa: 27-29 August 2015, Dar-es-Salaam, Ta...
- German African Energy Forum: 4-5 May, 2015, Hamburg, Germany