by , Laura Clough
Journal section: Theme Articles
Download article in Pdf format
Accepted: Wed 23 of May, 2012
This article provides key learning and challenges associated with the development of micro businesses through the Developing Energy Enterprise Programme (DEEP) East Africa. This five year capacity building initiative led by GVEP International aims to assist energy entrepreneurs in peri urban and rural areas of Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to improve their business skills and achieve growth. This is done through the provision of technical support for quality products and services, linkages to financing and addressing marketing challenges, briefly summarised in the article.
Click here to read more
Tags: Enterprise development , East Africa , Market opportunities
< Go back | Issue 60 | Boiling Point Main Page | Issues Archive | Articles Archive | Submit a paper
- Delivering Energy for Development
- UN award presented to Carbon Clear
- Terra Watt Prize
- Pasteurizer Saves Lives in Zambia!
- East African energy access businesses to benefit from advisor...
- Founders of Envirofit International Selected as Energy and th...
- Publication GIZ India
- India Clean Cookstove Forum 2013