In the past two years approximately 1,500 Sunstoves have gone out into South Africa and surrounding countries. Figure 1 shows three types of cooker; the one on the right was our first plastic design and was distributed mainly via the Girl Guides Association. This model worked well, and about 900 were sold, but the plastic outer case, only being stapled together, did not stand up well to transport handling...
Click here to read more
Tags: Sunstove SoalrBoxCooker BoilingPoint36 StoveDesign
Africa South Africa
< Go back | Issue 36 | Boiling Point Main Page | Issues Archive | Articles Archive | Submit a paper
- UNEP: Alleviating energy poverty in Haiti
- UNDP: In Nepal, a simple solution brings light to rural commu...
- Ghana News Agency: Women urged to use Clean Cookstoves
- IRENA: Renewable Energy Prospects: United Arab Emirates
- GVEP:Innovative Cookstove Business for urban informal settlem...
- SE4ALL: Kopernik's Wonder Women in eastern Indonesia
- GACC: Tackling Black Carbon Emissions from Inefficient Cookst...
- GIZ-HERA: New Biomass Energy Sector Planning Guide
- German African Energy Forum: 4-5 May, 2015, Hamburg, Germany
- African Utility Week and Clean Power Africa: 12-14 May, 2015,...
- Second United Nations Sustainable Energy for All Forum: 18-22...
- Carbon Expo: The Global Intersection of Climate Finance, Carb...
- Africa Future Energy Forum: 27-28 May 2015, Nairobi, Kenya