In the past two years approximately 1,500 Sunstoves have gone out into South Africa and surrounding countries. Figure 1 shows three types of cooker; the one on the right was our first plastic design and was distributed mainly via the Girl Guides Association. This model worked well, and about 900 were sold, but the plastic outer case, only being stapled together, did not stand up well to transport handling...
Click here to read more
Tags: Sunstove SoalrBoxCooker BoilingPoint36 StoveDesign
Africa South Africa
< Go back | Issue 36 | Boiling Point Main Page | Issues Archive | Articles Archive | Submit a paper
- Over $600,000 released to improve productivity of Senegalese ...
- Renewable energy powers rural Nepal into the future
- Pioneers of low-carbon, climate-resilient development share p...
- Caribbean biogas company to provide energy from waste to hous...
- ESMAP develops Renewable Energy Project Resource Center with ...
- Kenya’s first Modern Biomass Jiko Factory
- Kenyan, global clean cooking sectors cite new progress in eff...
- USELF boosts Ukraine's renewable energy sector