In the past two years approximately 1,500 Sunstoves have gone out into South Africa and surrounding countries. Figure 1 shows three types of cooker; the one on the right was our first plastic design and was distributed mainly via the Girl Guides Association. This model worked well, and about 900 were sold, but the plastic outer case, only being stapled together, did not stand up well to transport handling...
Click here to read more
Tags: Sunstove SoalrBoxCooker BoilingPoint36 StoveDesign
Africa South Africa
< Go back | Issue 36 | Boiling Point Main Page | Issues Archive | Articles Archive | Submit a paper
- Kenyan, global clean cooking sectors cite new progress in eff...
- USELF boosts Ukraine's renewable energy sector
- Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves announces nearly $3 mill...
- IIED and Hivos set up 'Change Labs' on food and energy
- First of its kind carbon finance loan fund launched to spur c...
- Cookstove designs are failing the poorest communities
- “Taking the Next Step: Africa and the EU are tackling energy...
- From the Bottom Up : How Small Power Producers and Mini-Grids...