In the past two years approximately 1,500 Sunstoves have gone out into South Africa and surrounding countries. Figure 1 shows three types of cooker; the one on the right was our first plastic design and was distributed mainly via the Girl Guides Association. This model worked well, and about 900 were sold, but the plastic outer case, only being stapled together, did not stand up well to transport handling...
Click here to read more
Tags: Sunstove SoalrBoxCooker BoilingPoint36 StoveDesign
Africa South Africa
< Go back | Issue 36 | Boiling Point Main Page | Issues Archive | Articles Archive | Submit a paper
- Biomass Waste-to-Energy Toolkit for Development Practitioners
- Nigerian NGO, SMEFUNDS Reducing Indoor Air Pollution Through ...
- IIED publishes a new energy finance paper, "Sharing the load:...
- ICCG Competition: Best Climate Practices for Energy Poverty A...
- New GSI and IISD Report: Power, Gender and Fossil-fuel Subsid...
- First African Waste-to-Ethanol Company recognized by Mentor C...
- 2014 Ashden Award Winners
- Power for All – The Energy Access Imperative