Uganda: Household Energy Information
Household Energy Demand and Use
B Household Energy Supply
C Household Energy Sector Governace
D Household Energy Information
- Household energy planning programme (HEPP) report carried out in 1990 by MEMD. Covered three urban centres in the central region of the country, together with limited coverage of rural areas in the districts. We are not aware of any more recent large-scale surveys of household energy use in Uganda.
- A study of woody biomass derived energy supplies in Uganda, 1995. (Energy for Sustainable Development and Ministry of Energy)
- National Biomass Energy Study 1996 (Ministry of Forestry and Natural Resources; NORAD (Norwegian Development Aid)).
- Uganda rural electricity strategy study, 1999 (ESMAP)
- Uganda Household Energy Status Report, 2000 (Inter-Governmental Authority for Development, IGAD.
- State of Environment Reporting for Uganda, 2001 National Environment Management Authority of Uganda
- Web sites, especially http://www.energyandminerals.go.ug/PDFs/EnergyPolicy.pdf , http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/uganda.html
- Forestry Country Report, Uganda (2004). Food and Agricultural Organisation of United Nations www.fao.org
The 1990 HEPP study is the main source of information on household energy use in the country, but it is acknowledged that this does not give a representative picture of rural homes throughout the country. It has been agreed with the Ministry of Energy that further studies of rural areas should be carried out.
Sparknet, May 2004