Support UsDonate | Volunteer | Support from Organisations
"The HEDON Household Energy Network deals with critical energy-poverty issues such as indoor air pollution (1.6 million people die each year from diseases related to the smoke from wood fires), safety, gender equality, environment and climate change, and improved livelihoods. |
I have myself suffered as a result of the unsafe household energy that is prevalent across the whole of the African continent. I was badly burnt by a wood fire as a young child. I still have the scars today. As a result, the HEDON Household Energy Network, which works to improve energy poverty, safety and the environment is close to my heart."
Archbishop Desmond Tutu
As a charity we rely completely on money donated to us, so every contribution is greatly appreciated! You can also purchase a subscription or single copy of our quarterly journal Boiling Point. To order simply contact us.
- CEEW: New report on 'Clean, Affordable and Sustainable Cookin...
- Queen Mary, University of London: Cheap Solar Cells made from...
- SciDev.Net: Solar Powered Water ATMS in India
- IRENA and ADFD: New Project Loans for Renewable Energy in Rur...
- World Bank: Regional Solar Market Initiative launched at Powe...
- GosolarAfrica: $2million capital to install stand-alone roof ...
- GVEP: Jiko Smart Improved Cookstoves
- Knowledge Point: Energy Knowledge Partnership