PureSIGBack to SIGs | PureSIG Forum
On renewable energy, business opportunities and income. Established in March 2008, PureSIG connects all those engaged in the productive use of energy.
For step-by-step instructions on how to participate in the forums, visit our help pages?.
AimsPureSIG specifically aims to:
- Connect people and organisations working on the productive use of renewable energy
- Support high quality business, government and NGO networking
- Connect people that know and people wanting to learn, promoting increased and more effective cooperation between stakeholders. Promote the building of innovative partnerships for knowledge creation and programme implementation.
- Provide a framework to increase the profile and effectiveness of existing and future knowledge resources (websites, newsletters, projects, meetings etc.) of the stakeholders active in the Productive Use of Energy.
New Documents available for download
- Maximizing the Productive Uses of Electricity to Increase the Impact of Rural Electrification Projects (http://www.esmap.org/filez/pubs/618200840844_technical_april08.pdf)
- Renewable Energy for Micro-enterprise (http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy01osti/26188.pdf)
- Productive Use of Renewable Energy: Financing and Delivery Models (http://www.serd.ait.ac.th/ep/epkas/presentation/Papers/Final%20Paper%20on%20Finance%20-%20PRODUCTIVE%20USE%20OF%20RENEWABLE%20ENERGY.pdf)
- Ethanol economies of cane
- Liquid energy from cane
- Presentation: Liquid energy from cane
- Bioethanol as a major source of energy
- Perspective of Indian ethanol
- Successes & failures in realization of economic potential of biofuels
- Empirical evidence on energy for income generation in rural areas - Presentation by Annemarije Kooijman - from "Expert meeting: The role of energy in income generation in small scale enterprises - 13 February 2008, SDC Delhi. Presentation by User: Annemarije Kooijman Empirical evidence on energy for income generation in rural areas, ((TechnologyAndSustainableDevelopment|Technology and Sustainable Development (TSD) Center for Clean Technology and the Environment, University of Twente, The Netherlands))"
- Discussion Questions following the expert meeting on "The role of energy in income generation in small scale enterprises - 13 February 2008" - Follow-up questions for discussion.
- Human stories from Bhadohi solar project, Winrock International India - Submitted by User: Veena Joshi
- GEF-FAO Workshop on Productive Uses of Renewable Energy: Experience, Strategies, and Project Development, Summary Report, FAO Headquarters, Rome, Italy, 18-20 June 2002 - Submitted by User: V V N Kishore?
- GEF-FAO Workshop on Productive Uses of Renewable Energy: Experience, Strategies, and Project Development, FAO Headquarters, Rome, Italy, June 18-20, 2002 - Submitted by User: V V N Kishore?
- Kamal Kapadia, 'Productive uses of renewable energy: A Review of Four Bank-GEF Projects'
Links for further information
- EricMartinot has a great site with a relatively big database of information on the Productive Use of Renewable Energy in Developing Countries (http://www.martinot.info/productive_uses.htm)
- Ashden Awards are trying to identify, award and publicise the best renewable energy projects in the developing world, and there are plenty of case studies of Productive User on their Website (http://www.ashdenawards.org)
- Documents from the "Renewable and Hybrid Access for Productive Use (RHEAP) Workshop" available for download.For more information click here
- Afrigadget is a website showcasing African innovation to solve everyday problems. A search of the site will deliver anything from solar visibility vests to pedal-powered saws for the disabled (http://www.afrigadget.com)
- GreenMicroGym is featured on Changemakers - a small gym using pedal-power to power a water-pump. Search Changemakers for more inspiring, innovative stories (http://www.changemakers.com/en-us/node/30012)
- FreeplayEnergy has as its aim the provision of energy to everyone all of the time. Check out some of their innovative ideas (http://www.freeplayenergy.com)
- Productive Use of Renewable Energy Project, Pakistan is funded by the UNDP, GEF and others and seeks to encourage Renewable Energy uptake through showcasing its productive uses (http://www.undp.org.pk/productive-use-of-renewable-energy-pure.html)
Links and ResourcesPureSIG:Resources
PureSIG:Examples of Use of Energy
PureSIG:Impacts of the productive use of renewable energy
PureSIG:Lessons Learnt from the productive use of energy
Groups | SIGs | RIGs | Networks? | EConferences
- German African Energy Forum: 4-5 May, 2015, Hamburg, Germany
- African Utility Week and Clean Power Africa: 12-14 May, 2015,...
- Second United Nations Sustainable Energy for All Forum: 18-22...
- Carbon Expo: The Global Intersection of Climate Finance, Carb...
- Africa Future Energy Forum: 27-28 May 2015, Nairobi, Kenya