What is the role of the private sector in delivering access to sustainable energy for all?
The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) is conducting a stakeholder survey to explore the role of the private sector in delivering access to sustainable energy services. As 2012 is the International Year of Sustainable Energy for All and the launch of the UN Sustainable Energy for All Initiative (SE4ALL), the consultation looks at the potential for SE4ALL to support private sector involvement in stimulating access to energy, renewable energy and energy efficiency.
The goal of the survey is to provide a better understanding of current barriers and challenges to private sector involvement - particularly in stimulating energy access for the poorest - and to determine the potential for SE4ALL to help in overcoming these challenges, improving living conditions and enhancing development opportunities.
An analysis of the interviews has been summarized in this brief:
Sustainable Energy for All and the private sector, R. Bellanca Independent - E. Wilson, IIED
The following interviews have been carried out during March-May 2012:
- Michael Kelly, World LP Gas Association - WLPGA
- Harry Stokes, Project Gaia Inc.
- Michael Evans, Green-Tide Turbines Ltd.
- Fritz Raake, Solaris Energy Systems Ltd.
- Thomas André, Schneider Electric S.A.S.
- Wim Van Nes, SNV
- Andrew Barnet, The Policy Practice Ltd.
- Sarah Alexander, SELCO-India
- Seena Rejal, Eight19 Ltd.
- Grant Ballard-Tremeer, Eco Ltd.
- Dana Charron, Berkeley Air
- Erik Wurster, Up Energy Group Inc.
- Ron Bills, Envirofit Inc.
- Christopher Aidun, E+Co Inc.
- Marina Migliorato, Enel Spa
- Sagun Saxena, CleanStar LLC
- Neil Jeffery, Renewable World
- Evan Haigler, Impact Carbon
- Sarah Butler-Sloss, Ashden
Last edited by Raffaella Bellanca
Page last modified on Thursday 11 of October, 2012 13:31:27 GMT. @HEDON: KJXB
- REEEP participates in special event on stakeholder engagement...
- Over $600,000 released to improve productivity of Senegalese ...
- Renewable energy powers rural Nepal into the future
- Pioneers of low-carbon, climate-resilient development share p...
- Caribbean biogas company to provide energy from waste to hous...
- ESMAP develops Renewable Energy Project Resource Center with ...
- Kenya’s first Modern Biomass Jiko Factory
- Kenyan, global clean cooking sectors cite new progress in eff...