The Controlled Cooking Test
This page is under construction. Authors / contributers wanted! Do you have knowledge or experience in this topic? If you do, please consider writing something for this page...
The Controlled Cooking Test is based on VITA 1985:
- Scale (accuracy and range?)
- Stop watch
- Record sheet (prepare one and attach for people to download - perhaps an Excel spreadsheet?)
CalculationsThe equivalent mass of fuel burned, on an energy basis (with reference to the unburned wood), can then be calculated in the following manner:
The fire power (the ratio of the energy content of the fuel consumed during a test or phase to the duration of the test or phase) is calculated as follows:
- Kitchen Performance Test
External links and references
- VITA, 1985, Testing the Efficiency of Wood-burning Cookstoves: International Standards, Volunteers in Technical Assistance, Virginia USA.
- Biomass Waste-to-Energy Toolkit for Development Practitioners
- Nigerian NGO, SMEFUNDS Reducing Indoor Air Pollution Through ...
- ICCG Competition: Best Climate Practices for Energy Poverty A...
- New GSI and IISD Report: Power, Gender and Fossil-fuel Subsid...
- Over $600,000 released to improve productivity of Senegalese ...
- Renewable energy powers rural Nepal into the future
- Pioneers of low-carbon, climate-resilient development share p...
- Caribbean biogas company to provide energy from waste to hous...