The Controlled Cooking Test
This page is under construction. Authors / contributers wanted! Do you have knowledge or experience in this topic? If you do, please consider writing something for this page...
The Controlled Cooking Test is based on VITA 1985:
- Scale (accuracy and range?)
- Stop watch
- Record sheet (prepare one and attach for people to download - perhaps an Excel spreadsheet?)
CalculationsThe equivalent mass of fuel burned, on an energy basis (with reference to the unburned wood), can then be calculated in the following manner:
The fire power (the ratio of the energy content of the fuel consumed during a test or phase to the duration of the test or phase) is calculated as follows:
- Kitchen Performance Test
External links and references
- VITA, 1985, Testing the Efficiency of Wood-burning Cookstoves: International Standards, Volunteers in Technical Assistance, Virginia USA.
- UNEP: Alleviating energy poverty in Haiti
- UNDP: In Nepal, a simple solution brings light to rural commu...
- Ghana News Agency: Women urged to use Clean Cookstoves
- IRENA: Renewable Energy Prospects: United Arab Emirates
- GVEP:Innovative Cookstove Business for urban informal settlem...
- SE4ALL: Kopernik's Wonder Women in eastern Indonesia
- GACC: Tackling Black Carbon Emissions from Inefficient Cookst...
- GIZ-HERA: New Biomass Energy Sector Planning Guide
- German African Energy Forum: 4-5 May, 2015, Hamburg, Germany
- African Utility Week and Clean Power Africa: 12-14 May, 2015,...
- Second United Nations Sustainable Energy for All Forum: 18-22...
- Carbon Expo: The Global Intersection of Climate Finance, Carb...
- Africa Future Energy Forum: 27-28 May 2015, Nairobi, Kenya