The Controlled Cooking Test
This page is under construction. Authors / contributers wanted! Do you have knowledge or experience in this topic? If you do, please consider writing something for this page...
The Controlled Cooking Test is based on VITA 1985:
- Scale (accuracy and range?)
- Stop watch
- Record sheet (prepare one and attach for people to download - perhaps an Excel spreadsheet?)
CalculationsThe equivalent mass of fuel burned, on an energy basis (with reference to the unburned wood), can then be calculated in the following manner:
The fire power (the ratio of the energy content of the fuel consumed during a test or phase to the duration of the test or phase) is calculated as follows:
- Kitchen Performance Test
External links and references
- VITA, 1985, Testing the Efficiency of Wood-burning Cookstoves: International Standards, Volunteers in Technical Assistance, Virginia USA.
- First African Waste-to-Ethanol Company recognized by Mentor C...
- 2014 Ashden Award Winners
- Power for All – The Energy Access Imperative
- Deutsche Bank supports The Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
- Practical Action launches the Poor People’s Energy Outlook (P...
- IISD Reporting Services releases a summary of the 13th sessio...
- Sustainable Energy for All's Third Annual Practitioner Networ...
- REEEP participates in special event on stakeholder engagement...