The Controlled Cooking Test
This page is under construction. Authors / contributers wanted! Do you have knowledge or experience in this topic? If you do, please consider writing something for this page...
The Controlled Cooking Test is based on VITA 1985:
- Scale (accuracy and range?)
- Stop watch
- Record sheet (prepare one and attach for people to download - perhaps an Excel spreadsheet?)
CalculationsThe equivalent mass of fuel burned, on an energy basis (with reference to the unburned wood), can then be calculated in the following manner:
The fire power (the ratio of the energy content of the fuel consumed during a test or phase to the duration of the test or phase) is calculated as follows:
- Kitchen Performance Test
External links and references
- VITA, 1985, Testing the Efficiency of Wood-burning Cookstoves: International Standards, Volunteers in Technical Assistance, Virginia USA.
- CAFOD: One Climate, One World campaign
- Climate Solutions Consulting: One stop for all your cookstove...
- GIZ-HERA: New Biomass Energy Sector Planning Guide
- Carbon Pulse: Launch of a new online service
- Green Growth Initiative: Solar to power thousands of off-grid...
- GVEP: Women bring solar energy to rural Rwanda
- ABB: New partnership with Pact Myanmar to solar power rural v...
- Philips: Solar-powered LED luminaires can brighten the homes ...