CleanAirSIGBack to SIGs | CleanAirSIG Forum
Cooking, lighting, smoke and pollution. Established in April 2007, CleanAirSIG connects all those engaged in indoor air quality and household energy in developing countries.
For step-by-step instructions on how to participate in the forums, visit our help pages?.
The Breathe Easy Network – India, was launched in October 2003 and was run by Eco Ltd in co-operation with HEDON for the Shell Foundation. The network provided information resources through its website, a regular email essays to the over 200 subscribers, and an open source 'knowledge base' with relevant informative resources including project profiles, personal profiles and organization profiles. This network has been dormant since 2005, and will now be closed and replaced by the HEDON CleanAirSIG.
Through the HEDON Clean Air SIG we will facilitate processes to simplify sharing, validation and distillation of knowledge in the Clean Indoor Air field, providing a common, reliable technology infrastructure to facilitate community building and sharing.!!Aims
CleanAirSIG specifically aims to:
- Connect people and organisations working on household energy and Clean Indoor Air
- Support high quality business, government and NGO networking
- Connect people that know and people wanting to learn, promoting increased and more effective cooperation between stakeholders. Promote the building of innovative partnerships for knowledge creation and programme implementation.
- Provide a framework to increase the profile and effectiveness of existing and future knowledge resources (websites, newsletters, projects, meetings etc.) of the Shell Foundation Breathing Space, the Partnership for Clean Indoor Air, the World Health Organization, Kirk R Smith, the Center for Entrepreneurship in International Health and Development, the excellent Bioenergy Stoves Discussion List and other stakeholders active in Clean Indoor Air.
- CleanAirSIG connects members from around the world through an email discussion list. Members have access to the list archives and other member resources.
- CleanAirSIG will organise regular online conferences and discussions to share knowledge and build capacities.
- CleanAirSIG held an online conference from 16 to 27 July 2007. For more information see the conference webpage here.
- CleanAirSIG: Subsidies
- CleanAirSIG: Conference July 2007
Sign in to see the list of members
- GVEP: Jiko Smart Improved Cookstoves
- Knowledge Point: Energy Knowledge Partnership
- StovePlus: A Study to Better Understand Cookstove Business Mo...
- GACC- New Study Estimates That Clean Cookstoves Could Reduce ...
- Practical Action's Poor People's Energy Briefing Series
- Over $600,000 released to improve productivity of Senegalese ...
- Renewable energy powers rural Nepal into the future
- Pioneers of low-carbon, climate-resilient development share p...