Christian Intermediate Technology Centre (CITC)< Go back | About this organization | Organizations list | Add organization
In this page
Description of OrganisationThe ACK Diocese of Eldoret founded the training centre, in 1991 with the assistance of the Protestant Association for Development from Germany. It is a Project of Eldoret Region, Christian Community Services, the development arm of the Church.
Mission StatementThe centre is established in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ to provide vocational and technical training in the fields of industry, commerce or any other relevant disciplines, for young and particularly needy people in Kenya or elsewhere. The training shall equip and prepare the youth physically, mentally and spiritually so as to take their rightful place in the society and to earn gainful and decent livelihoods in commerce and industry or other fields either in wage self-employment.
The Centre shall seek to empower its graduates to be self-employed. It is further established to innovate and disseminate appropriate technologies to the rural people of Kenya or elsewhere through production and value adding techniques. CITC Production Unit will give cognisance the important aspects of sustainability, conservation of environment, natural resource base and human health.
Approach, organisational programmes and activities:
Current Energy Activities
- Promotion, construction and provision of extension services for
- *Biogas plants.
- *Fuel saving stoves ideal for homes and institutions
- *Baking ovens
- Provision of credit facilities for renewable energy technologies.
- Provision of conference facilities to train beneficiaries on the better use and maintenance of Energy Products.
< Go back | About this organization | Organizations list | Add organization
Last edited by Clair Marrey
Page last modified on Friday 06 of August, 2010 12:19:41 GMT. @HEDON: JERB
- UNDP: New EnergyPlus Guidelines to support Sustainable Energy...
- The World Bank: New report finds world progressing on sustain...
- LEDS Working Group: New Energy Toolkit
- GACC: New study finds that women spend 374 hours each year co...
- Practical Action: New campaign will accelerate energy access ...
- WHO: World Health Assembly closes, passing resolutions on air...
- UNEP: Alleviating energy poverty in Haiti
- UNDP: In Nepal, a simple solution brings light to rural commu...
- Tanzania National Renewable Energy Day 2015
- Vienna Energy Forum 2015, 18-20 June 2015
- Capacity building and experience sharing for enhancing sustai...
- Ashden Awards: 11 June 2015, London, UK
- The Asia Clean Energy Forum: 15-19 June 2015, Manila, Philipp...
- Global LEAP Networking Event: 31 July- 1 August 2015, Dhaka,...
- Power and Energy Africa: 27-29 August 2015, Dar-es-Salaam, Ta...
- German African Energy Forum: 4-5 May, 2015, Hamburg, Germany