Christian Intermediate Technology Centre (CITC)< Go back | About this organization | Organizations list | Add organization
In this page
Description of OrganisationThe ACK Diocese of Eldoret founded the training centre, in 1991 with the assistance of the Protestant Association for Development from Germany. It is a Project of Eldoret Region, Christian Community Services, the development arm of the Church.
Mission StatementThe centre is established in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ to provide vocational and technical training in the fields of industry, commerce or any other relevant disciplines, for young and particularly needy people in Kenya or elsewhere. The training shall equip and prepare the youth physically, mentally and spiritually so as to take their rightful place in the society and to earn gainful and decent livelihoods in commerce and industry or other fields either in wage self-employment.
The Centre shall seek to empower its graduates to be self-employed. It is further established to innovate and disseminate appropriate technologies to the rural people of Kenya or elsewhere through production and value adding techniques. CITC Production Unit will give cognisance the important aspects of sustainability, conservation of environment, natural resource base and human health.
Approach, organisational programmes and activities:
Current Energy Activities
- Promotion, construction and provision of extension services for
- *Biogas plants.
- *Fuel saving stoves ideal for homes and institutions
- *Baking ovens
- Provision of credit facilities for renewable energy technologies.
- Provision of conference facilities to train beneficiaries on the better use and maintenance of Energy Products.
< Go back | About this organization | Organizations list | Add organization
Last edited by Clair Marrey
Page last modified on Friday 06 of August, 2010 12:19:41 GMT. @HEDON: JERB
- Tanzania To Use More Natural Gas And Coal To Combat Energy Po...
- IDB launches new Energy Innovation Centre website and interac...
- The Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund announces third round of...
- ICCG Competition: Best Climate Practices for Energy Poverty A...
- New GSI and IISD Report: Power, Gender and Fossil-fuel Subsid...
- First African Waste-to-Ethanol Company recognized by Mentor C...
- 2014 Ashden Award Winners
- Power for All – The Energy Access Imperative
- PV Project Development Africa 2014
- The International “Progress in Biogas PIB III" Conference
- Bioenergy from Forest Conference
- Microgrid Deployment Workshop: Implementing Grid-Tied, Remote...
- Alliance for Rural Electrification 'Energy Access' Seminar
- MENA Clean Energy Forum 2014
- The Adoption Gap: design, development and diffusion of househ...