Christian Intermediate Technology Centre (CITC)< Go back | About this organization | Organizations list | Add organization
In this page
Description of OrganisationThe ACK Diocese of Eldoret founded the training centre, in 1991 with the assistance of the Protestant Association for Development from Germany. It is a Project of Eldoret Region, Christian Community Services, the development arm of the Church.
Mission StatementThe centre is established in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ to provide vocational and technical training in the fields of industry, commerce or any other relevant disciplines, for young and particularly needy people in Kenya or elsewhere. The training shall equip and prepare the youth physically, mentally and spiritually so as to take their rightful place in the society and to earn gainful and decent livelihoods in commerce and industry or other fields either in wage self-employment.
The Centre shall seek to empower its graduates to be self-employed. It is further established to innovate and disseminate appropriate technologies to the rural people of Kenya or elsewhere through production and value adding techniques. CITC Production Unit will give cognisance the important aspects of sustainability, conservation of environment, natural resource base and human health.
Approach, organisational programmes and activities:
Current Energy Activities
- Promotion, construction and provision of extension services for
- *Biogas plants.
- *Fuel saving stoves ideal for homes and institutions
- *Baking ovens
- Provision of credit facilities for renewable energy technologies.
- Provision of conference facilities to train beneficiaries on the better use and maintenance of Energy Products.
< Go back | About this organization | Organizations list | Add organization
Last edited by Clair Marrey
Page last modified on Friday 06 of August, 2010 12:19:41 GMT. @HEDON: JERB
- CEEW: New report on 'Clean, Affordable and Sustainable Cookin...
- Queen Mary, University of London: Cheap Solar Cells made from...
- SciDev.Net: Solar Powered Water ATMS in India
- IRENA and ADFD: New Project Loans for Renewable Energy in Rur...
- World Bank: Regional Solar Market Initiative launched at Powe...
- GosolarAfrica: $2million capital to install stand-alone roof ...
- GVEP: Jiko Smart Improved Cookstoves
- Knowledge Point: Energy Knowledge Partnership